Attention all parents/guardians of 6th and 11th grade students!
REMINDER: Immunization requirements for school attendance in Ohio have changed!!
All students entering 12th grade in the fall of 2018, are required by Ohio law to show proof of the following BEFORE starting school:
- Meningococcal (A, C, Y, W-135, also known as MCV4) vaccine (to protect from Meningitis)
- If your child received this meningitis vaccine before the age of 16 years, a second dose is required for school attendance in 12th grade.
- If your child will be receiving the first dose of this meningitis vaccine and is now 16 years of age or older, only one dose is required for school attendance in 12th grade.
All students entering 7th grade in the fall of 2018, are required by Ohio law to show proof of the following BEFORE starting school:
- Meningococcal (A,C, Y, W-135, also known as MCV4) vaccine (one dose prior to entry)
- Tdap vaccine (one dose prior to entry)
New students must provide a copy of their complete vaccine record (including the MCV4) as above if you will be entering 7th or 12th grade). School attendance requirements are listed here
Any student who has not had the required vaccinations will be subject to exclusion until proof of this immunization has been received by the school.
The meningitis immunization can be obtained through your child’s primary care physician or your local health department. Many local pharmacies are now able to provide this vaccine as well (Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, etc...). Ross County Health District Phone (740)-775-1146
If you have any questions or for exemption information, please contact your child’s physician, the Ohio Department of Health (www.odh.ohio.gov) or the Ross County Health District (www.rosscountyhealth.com).
Don’t wait! Clinics tend to become very busy toward the end of the summer, causing a delay in immunization, which could result in school exclusion.
Once your child has received the required vaccine, please provide an updated copy of the vaccine record, including proof of the required meningitis vaccine, to the school so your child’s school record can be updated.
Public Health Brochure
Ohio Immunizations Brochure