Meet our Physical Education teacher, Alicia Windon. Mrs. Windon works with the students at Mt. Logan/Tiffin elementary K-6th once a week for 35 minutes per session. The elementaryPE program focuses on:
- Movement Concepts and Skills – learning how the body moves in relation to people and space
- Locomotor Concepts and Skills - galloping, skipping, hopping (one foot), jumping
- Manipulative Concepts and Skills - throwing, catching, dribbling, rolling, kicking
- Tumbling Skills – balancing, rolling
- Social Concepts – being safe and orderly, striving to stay physically active.
During each PE class, Mrs. Windon teaches students the importance of teamwork, good sportsmanship, integrity, and respect. These four critical aspects of the physical education classroom will benefit students throughout the rest of their lives.
Chillicothe City School District places importance on Physical Education for students in order to:
- Improve their physical fitness
- Reduce stress
- Strengthen peer relationship
- Improve confidence
- Learn selfdiscipline
Take some time and talk to your child about their Physical Education class. I’m sure they would love to tell you all about it!
Please visit our Facebook page on the left, which includes updates to our K-6 classes!